Tandoor, 23:35

I wanted to see how much detail from reality I could get into the scene in a limited time frame. The menus are photographs fitted into the UV:s, all other textures are made in Photoshop, Substance Designer and Painter.

Fun fact: a pavement stone is 34x34 cm wide. I used it as a base measurement to all of the other things in the scene.

This is a fast food restaurant just next to my apartment.

This is a fast food restaurant just next to my apartment.

It used to be just a bakery, but a few years ago they expanded into grilled meat and vegetables.

It is just after closing time. The hatch on the window to the right is broken so it won't close, a guy will fix it on monday, they say. The light is still on inside, but all business has stopped for the night.

Hidden in plane sight are the tags. Strange signs, like urban runes littering the city, written by shadowy figures, moving like dogs pissing territory and constantly keeping track of each other. The graffitti world is strange and fascinating.

The stickers on the drainpipes comes from the local football club and its supporters. One time two supporter groups clashed together in a big fight, here on this piece of pavement. They threw unopened beer cans at each other. I saw it all from my window.

I really love this town with its darkness and light, and all things in between.

Propping was done mostly in substance painter. I learned a lot in the process.

Propping was done mostly in substance painter. I learned a lot in the process.

The electrical cords were made using a spline blueprint. I made a tiny piece of cord and just used the spline to draw it out. It was really neat.

The electrical cords were made using a spline blueprint. I made a tiny piece of cord and just used the spline to draw it out. It was really neat.

Here is the blueprint. It can be used for any type of mesh. I would love to experiment with it more in the future.

Here is the blueprint. It can be used for any type of mesh. I would love to experiment with it more in the future.

I used a tile for the stripes on the sunblind, and decals to add dirt and details.

I used a tile for the stripes on the sunblind, and decals to add dirt and details.

I put out the cigarette butts and chewing gums and the other gross stuff with the foliage tool.

I put out the cigarette butts and chewing gums and the other gross stuff with the foliage tool.

This base color map looks nice.

This base color map looks nice.

Concept 1

Concept 1

Concept 2

Concept 2